Here’s a fun way to reuse those worn-down stubs of crayons. They really work!
What You Need:
You can get fancy with colors,or just keep it simple.
* Old crayons
* Microwavable cup
* Paper towels
* Cookie cutters
* Pot holders
* Waxed paper
1. Peel the paper off crayons and break crayons into 1 inch pieces.
2. Place three or four pieces of a similar color into a microwaveable cup.
3. Place cup in the microwave on top of a paper towel.
4. Cook on high 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Caution: Cup gets hot.)
5. After wax is melted, hold the cup with a pot holder and pour the melted wax into a cookie cutter that has been placed on waxed paper.
6. To create a layered effect, pour wax into a small section of the cookie cutter; allow to cool, then pour another color over the first layer until you have several layers of color.
7. Clean cup with a paper towel before wax hardens.
8. When wax is hardened, push forms out of cookie cutters.