- 2 pounds boiling potatos, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of half & half milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Add the vegetables, cover, and cook for 5 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the stock or broth, 1/2 cup of milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Let the soup cool for 10 – 15 minutes.Transfer to a blender or food processor in batches and process until smooth. Heat the puree in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the remaining 2 cups of milk. Serve the soup in bowls and swirl in 1 tablespoon half-and-half into each serving. Sprinkle with the chives.