Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones – Evelyn WAU
* 1 3/4 cups flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
* 6 tablespoons half-and-half
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
* 1/2 cup white chocolate chips ore more depending on if you are a chocolate fiend like me
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl by hand or using an electric mixer, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter.
3. Add the half and half, beaten egg, cranberries, and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds together.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 2 minutes.
5. Form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8 wedges or whatever shape you like, mine came out in various shapes and sizes haha
6. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil, then transfer the scones to the sheet.
7. Bake the scones at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden brown.