* Turn off lights, TVs and other appliances when they are not being used. Many of us with use the remote to switch off the TV or stereo, leaving the appliance running on standby.
* Wash laundry in cold water. This does just as good a job,it keeps your colours bright, and saves lots of energy. … Continue Reading ››
*Put installation in your ceiling.
*Use curtains and window treatments to prevent loss of heat, but do open them up to let the sun in---especially from southern windows.
*Close off areas that don't need to be heated.
*Don't overheat your home. Raising your thermostat one degree can raise your electrical bill by 3%. The recommended setting is 68-72 … Continue Reading ››
Recycle trash from your household; take paper, plastics, glass, aluminum cans, and other recyclables to recycling centers. Recycling one ton of paper save
s 17 trees. Recycling creates six times as many jobs as land filling.
Recycling takes very little effort. Some communities do not ever require that you separate out … Continue Reading ››
We have started to eliminate kitchen rolls from our house, i buy one and make it last us a month, i make sure to buy ones that are made from recycled paper and not from Trees.
To further ensure that you are helping the environment to remain toxic free there are a … Continue Reading ››
Common terms used in product labeling include.
– May contain a single fragrance, often to mask the smell of the other ingredients.
– a pH value close to that of human skin (about pH5.5)
– Excludes substances most likely to cause an allergic reaction, but is still not allergy proof.
– Contains no … Continue Reading ››
Glass cleaner. Mixed with water or simply sprayed full strength on glass and mirrors, vinegar does a great job quickly and easily. Spray on
and wipe windows dry with crumpled-up newspapers, and watch your windows sparkle.
Car cleaner. Use vinegar full strength to polish car chrome with a cloth, and … Continue Reading ››